Monday 15 March 2010

Memories

"In psychology, memory is an organism's ability to store, retain, and recall information. Traditional studies of memory began in the fields of philosophy, including techniques of artificially enhancing the memory. The late nineteenth and early twentieth century put memory within the paradigms of cognitive psychology. In recent decades, it has become one of the principal pillars of a branch of science called cognitive neuroscience, an interdisciplinary link between cognitive psychology and neuroscience".

I guess my interest in memories comes from a lot of areas, my general interest in people,  the identys people project onto objects and my past study into psychology; but on a deeper level I’m interested in how our brains decipher the information which it then turns into memories of certain times in our life. Our minds can miss lead us into been deluded from reality and fiction I received Cognitive behavioral therapy early last year, now completing my treatment I find it very interesting how our memories can shape our actions on a daily basesI am interested in finding out about memories triggers and seeing how surroundings influence people memories

No comments:

Post a Comment